We all understand that high school students should visit college campuses before deciding whether or not to apply to that particular college. Colleges are also telling us that it’s crucial to visit because colleges are starting to monitor students’demonstrated interest, which is often evident from their interactions with the campus.
Knowing all of this, the professional recommendation is to visit as many colleges as possible during 9th, 10th and 11th grades of high school. Senior year trips can be reserved for getting a second view at a much narrower list of colleges, especially when trying to decide between two or three colleges that have already accepted the student.
Students, and even more so parents, are very busy and taking a couple of days off several times a year to take college trips is not feasible for all families. As a college consultant, Jolyn Brand takes many college trips every year and is now offering students a chance to participate as well. These trips will be chaperoned, cost-effective, and professionally-guided tours through the colleges and college towns that the student is considering.
Summer and Fall 2018 College Tours
July 25-26- colleges in Boston, including Northeastern U, MIT, Boston U, UMass, and Harvard U
Saturday, October 13- University of Houston Cougar Preview Day
November 19-20- location TBA
Send us an email with colleges you’re interested in visiting to get on our schedule!
Jolyn Brand, will coordinate transportation, lodging (for overnight trips) and activities for the students during the trip. Please use the contact form to inquire about the college trips. A price sheet and agenda can be emailed to you for each trip. If you prefer to ask questions directly, please call Jolyn at 832-569-2467 or email [email protected]
*If students will miss school for these college visits, they should check with the attendance office about excused absences and any documentation required.
Previous trips included:
- June 2018- U Denver, UC Denver, Met State U
- May 2018- Midwestern State U in Texas, SMU in Dallas
- May 2018- Stanford University and Santa Clara University
- April 2018- UT Austin, Trinity U, UTSA, and St. Edward’s
- March 2018- Stephen F Austin University and Sam Houston State University
- January 2018- ASU, University of Arizona
- November 2017- UT Austin
- September 2017- The Citadel and College of Charleston
- September 2016- ASU in Phoenix
- July 2016- Dallas trip to SMU, TCU, UT Dallas, UNT and UT Arlington
- March 2016- Arizona State University
- February 2016- Purdue University in Indiana
- December 2015- University of Washington- Seattle
- November 2015- Texas A&M
- October 2015- USC and UCLA
- August 2015- University of Alabama
- June 2015- Dallas colleges including UT- Dallas, TCU, UNT and UT- Arlington
- April 2015- University of Amsterdam
- March 2015- DC and NYC colleges including NYU, Columbia, Georgetown and American University
- February 2015- Texas A&M Aggieland Day
- October 2014- University of Denver, UC Denver and UC Boulder
- September 2014- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University
Want to be kept informed on upcoming events, college tips, and admissions advice?