Financial aid, FAFSA, CSS Profile, scholarships, COA, net price versus sticker price, EFC, and more! All of these college financial aid terms are confusing and complicated. Brand College Consulting works with each family’s specific circumstances to help them make sense of the financial aid forms, tips and strategies.
College consulting clients receive professional advice, including:
- Tips and advice for financial planning and savings: 529 plans, Coverdell Plans, or pre-paid tuition plans
- Maximizing your aid eligibility through honest and simple techniques
- How grandparents’ contributions, trust funds, retirement accounts and even student employment affect the family’s EFC and final costs
- Federal versus private students loans, including PLUS (parent loans) and home equity lines of credit
- How UGMA/UTMA bank accounts affect your financial aid eligibility
- How to handle assets and cash that exceed the Family Asset Protection Allowance
- Estimating the family’s EFC so that financial plans can be made before senior year of high school
- Explanation of federal grants, work study, scholarships and loans
- Whether your child needs to complete the FAFSA, the CSS Profile, or both
- When to apply for financial aid to meet all deadlines
Brand College Consulting clients during senior year also receive the service of personalized scholarships searches. After conducting searches based on the student’s interests, college list, intended major, sports, and any achievements to filter scholarship just for him/her, specific scholarships opportunities are sent to students either monthly or quarterly after college applications are submitted, so many seniors are able to complete several every month, which increases their chances of earning a scholarship!
One senior client applied for 2-3 of the scholarships that were selected for her each month during senior year, which totaled over 13 different scholarships. We’re happy to report that she received notification that she won over $86,000 for her college education.
In fact, 87% of our senior clients during the last school year were awarded scholarships! Congratulations to them all!
Here are examples of our students’ scholarship offers. These are students who are currently seniors, class of 2015 and have already been accepted and been offered large scholarship awards by October!
Contact me to set up your FREE one hour consultation to discuss your specific situation and needs.