Yay! All of our college admissions decisions are in and all of our clients have selected their college for next school year. We assisted 27 current seniors, class of 2017, through the college admissions process, including 4 who were pro bono clients, mostly teenage moms.
They received a total of 96 college acceptances, for a group of 23 students, that’s an average of 4.2 each. Clients ranged from two college applications to 12! Some great stand-outs include:
- Two admits to Colorado School of Mines
- One student accepted at Rice University, another was sadly waitlisted
- One admit to Duke University, Pepperdine, UC- Berkeley, and UNC- Chapel Hill
- Two were accepted to UCLA and UIUC
The majority of college acceptances are clustered in a few select, nearby colleges:
- 10 clients were offered admissions to University of Texas, with 2 of these being offered the CAP program. Two students were admitted direct into highly competitive McCombs Business School and another into Liberal Arts Honors program.
- 9 were offered admissions to Texas A&M, with 2 for PSA program
- 8 students were accepted to University of Houston
- 4 were offered admissions to UT Dallas, with two large scholarships!
- 5 were admitted to University of Alabama, ALL earning large merit scholarships!
There were also very fantastic scholarship awards, including:
- Case Western offered $25,500/ year scholarship package
- University of Al
- One deserving young man got $30,000/ year from Tulane University
- George Washington University offered a $25,000 scholarship
- University of Colorado-Boulder also offered $25,000/year to one strong student!
- Total scholarship awards for the 23 clients was $1,174,000. More than a MILLION dollars!
Colleges that accepted a senior student who was a client of Brand College Consulting, class of 2017, including scholarship awards and Honors college offers: