The Apply Texas application is a common application form for most Texas public universities. It allows students to input their information for several different colleges at once. ApplyTexas college essay prompts for class of 2022 are:
- Essay A:
Tell us your story. What unique opportunities or challenges have you experienced throughout your high school career that have shaped who you are today?
- Essay B: Some students have an identity, an interest, or a talent that defines them in an essential way. If you are one of these students, then tell us about yourself.
- Essay C: You’ve got a ticket in your hand – Where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there?
Each school requires a different combination of these three college essays-some require all three, some just one or two, or others make certain ones recommended or optional. Some schools even use these essays for both admissions decisions AND scholarships so it’s important to put time and effort into each one!
UT Short Answer Question Requirements
As part of ApplyTexas, all freshman applicants will also respond to short-answer questions.
Fall 2022 Prompts-Required Short Answers (250-300 words each):
1. Why are you interested in the major you indicated as your first-choice major?
2. Describe how your experiences, perspectives, talents, and/or your involvement in leadership activities (at your school, job, community, or within your family) will help you to make an impact both in and out of the classroom while enrolled at UT.
3. The core purpose of The University of Texas at Austin is, “To Transform Lives for the Benefit of Society.” Please share how you believe your experience at UT-Austin will prepare you to “Change the World” after you graduate.
4. Please share background on events or special circumstances that you feel may have impacted your high school academic performance, including the possible effects of COVID-19.
Texas A&M University- 3 Short Answer Questions for all applicants
- Texas A&M University believes that diversity is an important part of academic excellence and that it is essential to living our core values (loyalty, integrity, excellence, leadership, respect, and selfless service). Describe the benefits of diversity and inclusion for you personally and for the Texas A&M campus community. (250-300 words)
- Tell us about the person who has most impacted your life and why.
- Describe a life event which you feel has prepared you to be successful in college.
Texas A&M University- Short answer question for Engineering majors (Priority deadline- October 15)
Engineering Essay: Describe your academic and career goals in the broad field of engineering (including computer science, industrial distribution, and engineering technology). What and/or who has influenced you either inside or outside the classroom that contributed to these goals?