Families who feel that they do not require the college consulting package may purchase separate hours for one-on-one consultations. With this option, Brand College Consulting will not be shepherding you and your student through the entire process but would be happy to work with you on individual concerns. Families with students already in their senior year of high school or in community college looking to transfer to a university may use hourly consultations.
Services that work well in hourly meetings
- Consultation with both parents and your student to answer any college prep questions
- Student résumé updates for all activities, awards, and community service hours
- Development of 4-year high school plan, including recommendations of Pre-AP, Honors courses, Dual Credit classes and electives for the following school year
- Advice on standardized testing- PSAT and SAT or ACT test timeline, evaluation of previous scores and whether or not the student is on track to be accepted to certain colleges
- Career assessment and consultation to review results and help narrow down potential majors and career fields (typically requires 3+ hours)
- Development of an appropriate college list for individual student, including reach, match and safety schools, rankings for certain majors, costs, and deadlines
- Expert guidance with college essays and applications– everything from brainstorming, outlines, grammar edits and final reviews before submission
- Assistance with college interviews, including list of questions, mock interviews, and feedback
Services not covered in hourly consultations include scholarship searches, summer suggestions for activities/internships, reminders of deadlines, etc.
Hourly consultations are $250 per hour, pre-paid in blocks of four hours at a time ($1,000). This option allows you to work on whatever piece of the college application process you or your student desires. Parents will be notified when the four hours have been used and given the option of purchasing an additional four hours.
If you have more questions, feel free to Contact Us to schedule a time to discuss.
Ready to get started? Complete the Hourly Consulting registration form.