Brand College Consulting offers several different options to suit the needs of individual students and families. A comprehensive package is offered for high school students, while hourly college consulting is available for community college and/or transfer students, and many other individual cases.
Our college consulting package includes unlimited access to the consultant via phone, email or appointment to answer and all questions and concerns. An individualized online dashboard and checklist will also be provided for each student. High school students get assistance with career planning; college selection; testing recommendations; course selection for next school year; recommendations for activities, community service and leadership roles; student resume creation; monthly reminders of tasks; and review of all college essays and applications.
Our college consulting package for high school students is $3,600 and can be started anytime during the student’s 9th, 10th, or 11th grade school year. This package is all-inclusive and will end a month after high school graduation. Our college consulting package is limited to 25 students in every class (by graduation year) so we generally are at capacity by the beginning of senior year. When this happens, we do not take on any new clients who have already begun their senior year of high school. Please plan ahead!
2019 Update: Students in the Class of 2022 and younger will be served virtually since the Friendswood office will be closed in summer 2021.
Families who feel that they do not require an entire package, and families with 12th graders, may purchase separate hours for consultations. Hourly consultations are $150 per hour. This option allows you to work on whatever piece of the college application process you or your student desires. With this option, Brand College Consulting will not be shepherding you through the entire process, but would be happy to work with you on individual concerns.
Services conducted every school year
- Consultation with both parents and your student
- Student résumé updates for all activities, awards, and community service hours
- Suggestions and opportunities for community service and activities sent to student and parents
- Development of 4 year high school plan, including recommendations of Pre-AP, Honors courses, Dual Credit classes and electives for the following school year
- Advice on standardized testing- PSAT and SAT or ACT test timeline
- Assistance for summer plans to maximize success- suggestions for camps or classes, employment, internship/job-shadowing, conferences, test prep, etc.
Junior Year services include:
- Complete a thorough evaluation of student’s stats, including standardized test scores (TAKS), academic transcript, and teacher commentary to determine admissibility
- Personality inventory and career quiz with feedback session and written report, if needed to narrow down potential college majors
- Development of a college list for each individual student, including “reach” colleges and “safety” schools
- Access to the student’s personalized dashboard to track college list, test scores, tasks and deadlines
- Advice on standardized testing – PSAT and initial SAT or ACT test, including timeline and suggestions for test prep or tutoring services
- Professional assistance beginning the college essay process – compilation of all essays and short answer questions that will be required for selected colleges, brainstorming topics and proofreading before final drafts are submitted
- Guidance on your high school curriculum choices for senior year, including Pre-AP, Honors courses, Dual Credit classes and electives
- Preparation for college campus visits, and trip advice and planning, if needed
- Individualized attention for students in extracurricular activities, such as Band, Athletes, student clubs, leadership opportunities, etc. who wish to continue in college
Senior Year services include:
- Familiarize student and parents with financial aid process, online filing, and deadlines
- Information about any additional scholarship applications and due dates
- College Essay assistance: brainstorming about essay topics and professional editing, as needed
- Development of your student’s resume
- Assistance with completing college applications including an in-depth review of applications prior to submission to check for errors or missing pieces
- Advice on teacher recommendations
- Test preparation advice if SAT or ACT test needs to be retaken
- Assistance in meeting all deadlines
- Evaluation of all college acceptance letters and financial aid packages to help family make an informed decision
- Preparation of student for transition to college by providing information on registration, student housing, course selection, meal plans, and other important information at student’s selected college