Application workshop and essay camps will be held in Friendswood during summer 2017 for students in the class of 2018. Students are encouraged to work on college essays and applications during the summer between their junior and senior years. Each class session is limited in size, so students enrolled in this camp will get individualized attention and answers.
At the end of this one of the summer camp days, students will have completed several of their college essays or applications, MONTHS before their classmates have even started.
Personalized Guidance through Colleges Essays
- Students will review next year’s college essay prompts and sample college essays
- Class will read possible topics and good vs bad essays
- Students will be encouraged to brainstorm possible topics during class and begin outlines for each essay
- Instructor will review topics and make suggestions for adding voice and personality, and conclusions
- Students will begin writing the essay and will have it professionally edited before the end of the session
- Students will be given an overview of colleges for each application: locations, size and admission criteria, including average SAT/ ACT scores, graduation rates, and college rankings
- Students will review the application format (page by page), add their colleges, and then complete together
- Instructor will review importance of completing scholarship application section of Apply Texas application, including short answer questions
- Instructor will demonstrate how to connect Naviance to Common Application for transcripts and LORs
Don’t know if your child will need to complete the Common App? The list of college that use the Common App is searchable here or you can click Download Full List of Colleges on the right for the entire list.
College Prep Camp Dates- Summer 2017
Students may select one day from each line that applies to them. If students are applying to Texas public colleges, they would select one day for Apply Texas essays and one day for the Apply Texas application. For students applying to out of state colleges using the Common App, they would chose a date for the Common App essays and the Common Application itself (August 2).
Location: 1206 Blueberry Lane, Friendswood 77546
Students are encouraged to bring laptops to class, especially for application days. Wifi will available.
College consulting clients attend any day for free, but they should let Mrs. Brand know to count towards attendance.
Please click here for the Student Registration Form and link to Paypal.
Space is limited to the first 10 students who register and pay for each day. Reserve your spot today!
Any student who is applying to a college that does not utilize the Apply Texas, Common App or Coalition App, or those who would like additional assistance, can add individual consulting hours for individualized help.
*Does this summer college camp interest you but the session don’t fit your schedule? Students can get individualized assistance for $150/hour. Additionally, separate services can be contracted by the hour, such as editing assistance for college essays or a career assessment.